Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Amber came for Thanksgiving, and my sister came and spent Christmas with me. She was blown away by new very short hair cut!

My health is doing well. So different from last summer. Yahoo!

My caretaking job is quite interesting. Have harvested fruit, fed the pig his evening meal, herded chickens back into their pen, done some light weeding, some housecleanning, canning, career counseling, job consulting, been a companion, interior designer, and other fun and interesting activities.

We have quite a close knit community on this farm, and look out for each other. You would think that living on a farm might be isolating. Not! 3 families on this property. Cindy's daughter said to me just before they left for their Christmas vacation "What would we do without you, Anna?" Cindy's daughters are delightful. Cindy and I have become quite good pals. She is thrilled to have the support.

My living facilities are quite rustic, but I quite love where I live. It is cozy, cute, and getting alone time might be one of my bigger challenges! Here is Cindy doing some gardening right outside my kitchen window. You can see other pictures of my place in the next blog dated Dec 16.

While the essence of me has not changed. Many behaviors and ways of looking at the world have changed. I can't imagine having let myself be adopted by families in the past, but now is quite normal. All it took was getting ill, losing income, letting go of pride, and accepting the generosity of others.

I'll be going back to work in January. I am well enough to do that. I'm looking forward to the exciting developments of 2010. My your new year be blessed with new illuminations, and may you be refreshed spirit, body and soul.

No comments: