Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Year 2008

We decided that 2008 is GREAT!!!!

After arriving on Christmas day (we had promised to be there by Christmas eve - kind of missed it by a few hours), Amber and I stayed with my brother Derrill and his wife Linda until Sunday January 12. We had traveled from Midnight on December 23, until 4:30 am December 25, stopping for short naps here and there along the way. One of the most memorable moments was arriving in Kansas City around 4:00 pm on Christmas eve. We stopped, let the dogs out, and realized that we only had our sweaters on. There was no snow on the ground. Yahoo!!!!!

New Year's Eve, we stayed up to watch the new year being birthed. As we popped the champagne, Derrill brought our four New Year's crowns to celebrate with. What a man!








Derrill surprised us with New Year's hat's



















Back lit Linda, standing in front of her Mom's property across the street.

Isn't she pretty?











Last Day




We are leaving for Texas after the holidays. Hard to leave such wonderful company. Derrill and I took walks every evening, Amber helped Linda set up 2008 files. I did 6 days of accounting - I was slow though. We hoped we were helping with the busy year end.










Brother and Sister, Anna & Derrill



We were so pleased to be with family

Look no heavy coats!!!


My!
I sure look tired in this picture.

I was!!!!





I feel fortunate to have a supportive family.

No comments: